Skip to main content

Vegetarian Bean Soup


All you need is:
Vegetable Broth
Ditalini Pasta
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of chickpeas
1 can of black beans
1 can of white kidney beans


The first step is to open and empty out the cans of beans. You should rinse them under water and get all the juices off that they were sitting in. This just makes them all nice and clean and ready to eat. I was munching on some chickpeas while I was cooking.


While sorting out the beans you will cook your ditalini pasta for about 10 minutes in boiling water. You can add some salt to the water. But I usually don't do that but a lot of people like to when cooking pasta.

While the pasta was cooking I put a little but of garlic salt on the beans. This step is optional but I wanted the garlic to kind of get into the beans and give them a little more flavor. I also just really love garlic and I will put it on any savory dish.



Next is your seasonings for your soup. I used Oregano, Garlic Salt (Duh), and with taste add some normal salt if needed. I made this soup for me and my mom and she hates black pepper so I added it just in my bowl. But I recommend putting it into your soup while its cooking. Then you'll drain your pasta for your soup.


The next step is to add all your ingredients into a bowl. Depending on how big your pot is you can add or save as much as you want. I ended up having a lot of beans and some pasta left over. This soup should be a little hearty so load it up with beans and pasta (but mostly beans for the health factor). Put all your spices and seasoning in and then cook it on a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until hot. 


The last step is to serve it up and enjoy. This soup is really yummy and super easy to make. The beans give you protein and the vegetable broth is a nice flavor. This dish is good for cold nights, sick days, or even if you have left over pasta and/or beans. You can really alter it to your liking. Add more beans or a different pasta. This is just how I like to make mine. I hope you try this recipe out and enjoy it as much as I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Museum & Chinese Buddhist Temple // Travel

I went to Shanghai a few months ago and I wanted to create some posts about the experience. The first day we were day we had a guided tour into Shanghai. Our first spot (the photo above) was the Shanghai Museum. This was a very busy museum and inside was so beautiful and they had so many different rooms full of history. It was really amazing and our tour guide was full of lots of information. I did this tour because I really didn't know anything about Shanghai besides the new Disney Park was there. I really love learning about the difference in culture and understanding their history of their city. The next stop he took us to was a Buddhist temple. Oh my goodness it was beautiful and amazing to see all the people coming into pray to the different gods. I also think it was amazing to see different tour groups from all over the world coming into here and being peaceful and respectful of the religion. I really got a full understand of Buddhism and I have to say it is an am

Shanghai Disney

One of the really unique things they have at Shanghai Disney is the Alice in Wonderland maze. The big attraction is the big queen of hearts head in her part of the garden. It's a really simple and fun attraction to do in the park. It is located behind the castle in their Fantasy Land. Obviously, the big talk of Shanghai Disney is their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Let me tell you I could just ride it all day long. It is honestly mind blowing and I have never experienced a ride like it before. I was lucky enough to ride it twice in the same day as well as the Tron Lightcycle Coaster. However I do prefer the pirates ride over the tron. ride.  The castle is so huge and beautiful and I had to put a picture of me in front of it. Now below is the video of my day there minus the Royal Banquet Hall which I will do a separate post on. I just would like to warn some travelers about some of the things I noticed there. Shanghai Disney people do not really under stand line

GeekyCon 2016 Highlights

Meeting Maxwell Glick and Jon Cozart after the Disney sing-a-long after being on stage with them during a Tangled song and being in the front row dancing with them, two very sweet gentleman and I'm so happy I got to meet them and getting some youtube advise from Mr. Cheezypop himself! At the Charity ball I got to meet Ty Simpkins who is from Jurassic World and the Insidious films. He was also very sweet and nice of him to come out of the V.I.P area to interact with his fans and take photos for free and have nice conversations with everyone. That same night after the dance was the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight release party! Potter Puppet Pals did a show, there was real life wizard chess, quid ditch matches, costume contests, being sorted by the sorting hat, and much more to do. It was so much fun and of course getting the book was icing on the cake. Then I got to meet Pemberly Digital! Frankenstein M.D., The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and my p