Skip to main content

Blue Apron Review

One of my friends had a free delivery of Blue Apron to send for a friend to try out. I have recently become vegetarian and I thought it would be cool to try this out because they have a vegetarian option for the deliveries. However, this review has positive and negatives about Blue Apron. I will say now it is very expensive to keep doing every week it comes to about $60 a week for three meals for two people. Which I guess isn't too bad but it does add up. And i found I didn't always like all three options they were offering. You can skip weeks but I ended up canceling because I just didn't want to spend the money and only a few times I like all three menu items. I think it is a really great idea if you are home at night a lot to cook and eat but I am either at work, out with my family, or staying at my boyfriends house. So for me this weekly box plan was just not right for me. But let's go into more detail on the box I got delivered. 


Here is everything they sent me for my three meals. It got delivered on a Friday and it comes in a big box that has these like freezer packs in them to keep the food cool. Everything comes packaged and labeled and most things were measured already. Which was nice and very helpful. For the smaller items they were in brown paper bags labeled for the dish they belong to. I was really excited when I saw this and I couldnt' wait to start cooking.


The first dish was a salad and it did take a lot longer than I thought it would. The prep time for this took a very long time. I also noticed when I was chopping my lettuce the top of it was already going off. Which was sad and I will get into that more later. But all the cutting for the prep took the longest for me personally. Some people might be able to do this faster. Once everything was cut and ready to start making the dish I had to cook the onions and potatoes.


This part excited me because they measure out the sugar and then I had to measure out the red wine vinegar but I got to make pickled onions for the first time. They came out really nice and I felt a since of accomplishment making them. I think thats the best part of Blue Apron is cooking something you would never think to make or that you could make and have it come out and taste really good too. The potatoes cooked next time them in a pot of boiling water and then I had the baguette in the oven toasting with olive oil on it.


I made the salad dressing from scratch too and then they gave me a thing of goat cheese for the baguette and that was something that should of been simple (but wasn't simple) and I could say I made it all myself. Now this wasn't my favorite thing they dressing ended up being to vinegary for me. But it was an okay start for Blue Apron


Dish two I had some help from my mom prepping everything to get it done faster. (She's a way better cook than I am). This is a gnocchi dish that had summer squash and almonds in it. The prep went easier with my moms help but to me the prepping was also simpler than the salad prep. 


Cooking was easier too. All I did was brown the butter, Boil the gnocchi, and cook the almonds and squash together. Once everything was cooked you throw them all in the pain and let the flavors all combine and added creme fresh to it.


This is the finishing product. Now this dish was really good and my favorite out of the two.  Yes that's right I said two. By time time I tried to make the third dish most of the produce was already bad. Which is sad since it should of been fresh and it wasn't even a full week yet when it went off. I just felt like the produce could of been more fresh for the amount of money I would of spent on it. Now this was free from my friend but I honestly wouldn't of paid to do this. For me I am too busy and for $60 to have the produce start going bad after 2-3 days is bad on their part. I do understand why some people like it but for me this is something I probably wouldn't do again.

I would love to hear your feed back! Write in the comments below about your experience with Blue Apron. Do you think it's worth the money? Did you find the produce fresh or did it go off quick like mine did? Or just let me know if you want more feedback about my experience and I will reply to all comments.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Museum & Chinese Buddhist Temple // Travel

I went to Shanghai a few months ago and I wanted to create some posts about the experience. The first day we were day we had a guided tour into Shanghai. Our first spot (the photo above) was the Shanghai Museum. This was a very busy museum and inside was so beautiful and they had so many different rooms full of history. It was really amazing and our tour guide was full of lots of information. I did this tour because I really didn't know anything about Shanghai besides the new Disney Park was there. I really love learning about the difference in culture and understanding their history of their city. The next stop he took us to was a Buddhist temple. Oh my goodness it was beautiful and amazing to see all the people coming into pray to the different gods. I also think it was amazing to see different tour groups from all over the world coming into here and being peaceful and respectful of the religion. I really got a full understand of Buddhism and I have to say it is an am

Shanghai Disney

One of the really unique things they have at Shanghai Disney is the Alice in Wonderland maze. The big attraction is the big queen of hearts head in her part of the garden. It's a really simple and fun attraction to do in the park. It is located behind the castle in their Fantasy Land. Obviously, the big talk of Shanghai Disney is their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Let me tell you I could just ride it all day long. It is honestly mind blowing and I have never experienced a ride like it before. I was lucky enough to ride it twice in the same day as well as the Tron Lightcycle Coaster. However I do prefer the pirates ride over the tron. ride.  The castle is so huge and beautiful and I had to put a picture of me in front of it. Now below is the video of my day there minus the Royal Banquet Hall which I will do a separate post on. I just would like to warn some travelers about some of the things I noticed there. Shanghai Disney people do not really under stand line

GeekyCon 2016 Highlights

Meeting Maxwell Glick and Jon Cozart after the Disney sing-a-long after being on stage with them during a Tangled song and being in the front row dancing with them, two very sweet gentleman and I'm so happy I got to meet them and getting some youtube advise from Mr. Cheezypop himself! At the Charity ball I got to meet Ty Simpkins who is from Jurassic World and the Insidious films. He was also very sweet and nice of him to come out of the V.I.P area to interact with his fans and take photos for free and have nice conversations with everyone. That same night after the dance was the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight release party! Potter Puppet Pals did a show, there was real life wizard chess, quid ditch matches, costume contests, being sorted by the sorting hat, and much more to do. It was so much fun and of course getting the book was icing on the cake. Then I got to meet Pemberly Digital! Frankenstein M.D., The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and my p