Skip to main content

Project Life: Mardi Gras Float

(Day of the Dead Float)

Sunday at work my manger asked me and some of my co-workers if we wanted to ride in the Mardi Gras parade that night. Of course our answers were yes because when would we ever be asked to do that again? We got to ride on the Day of the Dead float. I can honestly say it was so much fun riding and dancing and throwing beads out to the crowd.


As you can see, we got a wardrobe provided to us. Now I know it is not the most appealing wardrobe. And if you were wondering if they were hot? The answer is yes, very very very hot. But we got a rose crown which we all clearly loved. The outfit was like a purple greek goddess toga thing with a purple sequin bib. That's the only way I could describe this outfit.


I just have to say this was an experience I would never forget and we had so much fun throwing beads to people. Even though I accidentally hit some guy in the face with one and it made me laugh which then made me feel like a horrible person but it was really funny. Thank you Universal for giving me this great opportunity with my friends and I hope I can do this again next year.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Museum & Chinese Buddhist Temple // Travel

I went to Shanghai a few months ago and I wanted to create some posts about the experience. The first day we were day we had a guided tour into Shanghai. Our first spot (the photo above) was the Shanghai Museum. This was a very busy museum and inside was so beautiful and they had so many different rooms full of history. It was really amazing and our tour guide was full of lots of information. I did this tour because I really didn't know anything about Shanghai besides the new Disney Park was there. I really love learning about the difference in culture and understanding their history of their city. The next stop he took us to was a Buddhist temple. Oh my goodness it was beautiful and amazing to see all the people coming into pray to the different gods. I also think it was amazing to see different tour groups from all over the world coming into here and being peaceful and respectful of the religion. I really got a full understand of Buddhism and I have to say it is an am

Shanghai Disney

One of the really unique things they have at Shanghai Disney is the Alice in Wonderland maze. The big attraction is the big queen of hearts head in her part of the garden. It's a really simple and fun attraction to do in the park. It is located behind the castle in their Fantasy Land. Obviously, the big talk of Shanghai Disney is their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Let me tell you I could just ride it all day long. It is honestly mind blowing and I have never experienced a ride like it before. I was lucky enough to ride it twice in the same day as well as the Tron Lightcycle Coaster. However I do prefer the pirates ride over the tron. ride.  The castle is so huge and beautiful and I had to put a picture of me in front of it. Now below is the video of my day there minus the Royal Banquet Hall which I will do a separate post on. I just would like to warn some travelers about some of the things I noticed there. Shanghai Disney people do not really under stand line

Food and Wine Festival TIPS! // Floridians Guide to Orlando

These are some of my tips on eating around the world at EPCOT's International Food and Wine Festival. Plan ahead and make sure you look up the menu on www.mydisneyexperience.com and start planning where you want to go and what you want to order! So you can get a feel for how the festival is set this a vlog on a day I spent at the festival trying all the yummy food and drinks! Keep in mind this was last years festival so some of the items I tried might not be on this years menus. But they did add more stands this year as well as more specialty drink options. Don't forget the special add-ons for the day where you can do food seminars. They recommend booking the seminars in advance because they do sell out of some of them. This years International Food and Wine Festival will be starting August 31st! Make sure you subscribe to get all the information for your next Orlando Vacation!!