Skip to main content

New Years: 2016

It's a new year and of course everyone has things they want to change. Always fitness and health is at the top. And then everyone has other little things they add for them selves. Starting with health and fitness, I have been working on this for a few years now. I know people want results right away but taking it slow and really committing to the life style change I feel is the best way for me.

Healthy Eating: I feel is easiest if you take small steps and not leaping into a huge no sugar no carb no this and not that diet. About 8 years ago I decided to cut out soda. That was it. Which I still haven't had since that day 8 years ago. I never crave it or want it anymore. Which I think helped me getting in a healthier path. Just by cutting out soda. Now I'm not saying you have to cut out soda. But find that one thing that you have a lot but you don't necessarily need to survive. Cut it out. Through these 8 years my whole life style in food is different.
I crave soups and salads. Fried foods don't appeal to me as much as they use to. Also, when I eat fried food it upsets my stomach now. Diets are also just a horrible word and I felt like diet seems short termed. If you change for your health to create a better life style choice for you. That's the best way to look at it.
Healthy Body: I am the worlds worst at moisturizing and cleaning and taking care of my face. The only thing I do best is sunblock because I'm so pale and will burn. Keeping up with my health on the outside of my body is just as important as the food I am putting in my body.
Fitness: I can't help too much because this year that is the part of my life I need to fix the most. As well as drinking 6-8 glasses of water every day. My goal is to go to the gym at least 2-3 times a week and by the end of they year to enjoy doing it. Being fit (to me) seems like a very important aspect in life to live long and healthy. I sometimes see elder people who can barely walk on their own and move slow and I don't want to end up that way. Fitness will help making me look good now but in the end the benefits pay off for when I'm 80 years old and still able to be active.

Got little things in my life I want to fix for 2016 as well: Stay positive more, stress less, travel more, enjoy the little things in life, and don't let work consume my personal life, and don't over think about spending money (do the fun things). These are almost fall into the same category. Which is work. Money, stress, and travel all go down to how work is. Lately, I have been in negative and stressed with work and it follows me into my personal life. I don't like being so negative. I know for 2016 I need to work on keeping positive even when work is horrible.

So I hope these health and fitness tips help as well as inspire any of you who couldn't think of any new years resolutions. I hope everyone had a great 2015 and an even better 2016. Make sure you check out all my social medias and my youtube channel. Subscribe there and follow my blog.


My Pages!
http://thejessyjen.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/JessyJenkins93
https://twitter.com/JessyJen
http://instagram.com/jessyjen
http://pinterest.com/jessaloujen/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Museum & Chinese Buddhist Temple // Travel

I went to Shanghai a few months ago and I wanted to create some posts about the experience. The first day we were day we had a guided tour into Shanghai. Our first spot (the photo above) was the Shanghai Museum. This was a very busy museum and inside was so beautiful and they had so many different rooms full of history. It was really amazing and our tour guide was full of lots of information. I did this tour because I really didn't know anything about Shanghai besides the new Disney Park was there. I really love learning about the difference in culture and understanding their history of their city. The next stop he took us to was a Buddhist temple. Oh my goodness it was beautiful and amazing to see all the people coming into pray to the different gods. I also think it was amazing to see different tour groups from all over the world coming into here and being peaceful and respectful of the religion. I really got a full understand of Buddhism and I have to say it is an am

Shanghai Disney

One of the really unique things they have at Shanghai Disney is the Alice in Wonderland maze. The big attraction is the big queen of hearts head in her part of the garden. It's a really simple and fun attraction to do in the park. It is located behind the castle in their Fantasy Land. Obviously, the big talk of Shanghai Disney is their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Let me tell you I could just ride it all day long. It is honestly mind blowing and I have never experienced a ride like it before. I was lucky enough to ride it twice in the same day as well as the Tron Lightcycle Coaster. However I do prefer the pirates ride over the tron. ride.  The castle is so huge and beautiful and I had to put a picture of me in front of it. Now below is the video of my day there minus the Royal Banquet Hall which I will do a separate post on. I just would like to warn some travelers about some of the things I noticed there. Shanghai Disney people do not really under stand line

GeekyCon 2016 Highlights

Meeting Maxwell Glick and Jon Cozart after the Disney sing-a-long after being on stage with them during a Tangled song and being in the front row dancing with them, two very sweet gentleman and I'm so happy I got to meet them and getting some youtube advise from Mr. Cheezypop himself! At the Charity ball I got to meet Ty Simpkins who is from Jurassic World and the Insidious films. He was also very sweet and nice of him to come out of the V.I.P area to interact with his fans and take photos for free and have nice conversations with everyone. That same night after the dance was the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight release party! Potter Puppet Pals did a show, there was real life wizard chess, quid ditch matches, costume contests, being sorted by the sorting hat, and much more to do. It was so much fun and of course getting the book was icing on the cake. Then I got to meet Pemberly Digital! Frankenstein M.D., The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and my p