Skip to main content

Spooktober: Halloween Horror Nights 26 Review (preview night)


I went to the Team Member preview night of Halloween Horror Nights 26 and I wanted to talk about houses and scare zones. Now I only did 7 out of the 9 houses so I can't rank them until I do the last two. 

The first house we did of the night was American Horror Story, where as a fan of the show I was super excited and walking through the house I was just as excited. It was really like walking through the episodes and it was really well done. The sets and costumes were amazing and I really loved how much work and detail went into this house. Now this is also the first house you hit so I recommend if this is at the top of your list to get there for when the event opens and run (and I really mean run) to the house because the wait at the preview night got to 150 minutes so I can't imagine how bad it will be once its officially open. I only waited 30 minutes :)

The next  how is an original horror nights idea called Ghost Town. It's like an old wild west town with all the ghost everywhere and it was actually one of my favorite houses of the night. The sets in the house were probably my favorite out of all the ones we did and there was really good jump scars too. Please don't miss out on this house just because it's an original house. It's worth the wait!

The next house we did was Halloween 2! And what made me so happy about this is they the the original second movie because two years ago they did the original first movie as the house. As a huge Halloween fan (I've seen every single one) this house made me happy. It was like walking straight through the second movie. Sets were awesome and there was really cool special effect in the house too.

Next house was Krampus. I really enjoyed that movie and if you didn't then you didn't understand that its kind of a joke. It's not suppose to be a crazy slasher scary movie. And the house was really cool. The best part, for me, was the kitchen with all the gingerbread men actually smelt like gingerbread.

Then we did Lunatics Playground in 3D and for me this house was a let down. We waited awhile to go in and for it being this years main theme house there wasn't much to it. Chance is only in the last room of the house and the 3D effect this year were okay but I've seen them do much better. I was just really disappointed in this house and it wasn't worth the 45 minute to do.

Then we did Tomb of the Ancients which is another original horror nights story. This house got me pretty good on the scare factor too. Again, the sets and costumes and lighting and everything in there was awesome! I recommend this house to anyone who goes. We walked straight into the house and that made it even scarier because there wasn't too many people in there with us.

The last house we did was Walking Dead. I mean it was good for what it was. But it wasn't really that scary and I've done the walking dead house every year and it was just set pieces and costumes from past years. I feel like it was kind of waste to do where they could of done an original idea house or purge or something else. I'm a bit sick of the walking dead houses every year. I hope this year is the last year they do them.

The Scare zones were okay this year. Again costumes are really cool and as well as make up. I don't know if it is because I've been going for so many years now or I'm just used to the scare zones. But they weren't really scary this year and I feel like not too much effort was put towards the scare zones. The houses you can tell they spent a lot of money on and there was so much detail and hard work put into it. The scare zones just seemed like an after thought or that they were low on money because they blew the budget on the houses. Which I know the houses are the main thing but scare zones use to be way better back in the day.

But if you are planning on going make sure you subscribe to my youtube channel for Spooktober which will have HHN videos to help you through your night! (youtube.com/thejessyjen)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Museum & Chinese Buddhist Temple // Travel

I went to Shanghai a few months ago and I wanted to create some posts about the experience. The first day we were day we had a guided tour into Shanghai. Our first spot (the photo above) was the Shanghai Museum. This was a very busy museum and inside was so beautiful and they had so many different rooms full of history. It was really amazing and our tour guide was full of lots of information. I did this tour because I really didn't know anything about Shanghai besides the new Disney Park was there. I really love learning about the difference in culture and understanding their history of their city. The next stop he took us to was a Buddhist temple. Oh my goodness it was beautiful and amazing to see all the people coming into pray to the different gods. I also think it was amazing to see different tour groups from all over the world coming into here and being peaceful and respectful of the religion. I really got a full understand of Buddhism and I have to say it is an am

Shanghai Disney

One of the really unique things they have at Shanghai Disney is the Alice in Wonderland maze. The big attraction is the big queen of hearts head in her part of the garden. It's a really simple and fun attraction to do in the park. It is located behind the castle in their Fantasy Land. Obviously, the big talk of Shanghai Disney is their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Let me tell you I could just ride it all day long. It is honestly mind blowing and I have never experienced a ride like it before. I was lucky enough to ride it twice in the same day as well as the Tron Lightcycle Coaster. However I do prefer the pirates ride over the tron. ride.  The castle is so huge and beautiful and I had to put a picture of me in front of it. Now below is the video of my day there minus the Royal Banquet Hall which I will do a separate post on. I just would like to warn some travelers about some of the things I noticed there. Shanghai Disney people do not really under stand line

GeekyCon 2016 Highlights

Meeting Maxwell Glick and Jon Cozart after the Disney sing-a-long after being on stage with them during a Tangled song and being in the front row dancing with them, two very sweet gentleman and I'm so happy I got to meet them and getting some youtube advise from Mr. Cheezypop himself! At the Charity ball I got to meet Ty Simpkins who is from Jurassic World and the Insidious films. He was also very sweet and nice of him to come out of the V.I.P area to interact with his fans and take photos for free and have nice conversations with everyone. That same night after the dance was the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight release party! Potter Puppet Pals did a show, there was real life wizard chess, quid ditch matches, costume contests, being sorted by the sorting hat, and much more to do. It was so much fun and of course getting the book was icing on the cake. Then I got to meet Pemberly Digital! Frankenstein M.D., The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and my p