Skip to main content

Europe 2: Harry Potter Studio Tour


I am a huge Harry Potter fan. To explain this I won most likely to go to Hogwarts my senior year of high school. And people I didn't even really know told me they voted for me. Because my friends did tie Thursday's at our school and I always wore a slytherin polo with my slytherin tie.  To show off my slytherin pride of course. Did I mention that I am a slytherin? Words can't really explain how amazing the studio tour is. But I will try to sum it up and show photos for you. More photos are on my Facebook page Jessy Jenkins.


Something amazing happened at the very start. I was wearing a birthday pin on my shirt so I got to open the doors to the great hall set which was incredible. I almost cried. I was so excited when I opened the door I accidentally banged it on the wall. Oops! It's so amazing to walk on a set of a movie you cherish and love so much. I honestly can't explain how I felt walking in the great hall. It was a dream come true.


Then we got to walk around this huge room that had a bunch of props, costumes, and set pieces from all the films. The gates of Hogwarts (shown above), Hagrids hut, the potions classroom, Umbridge's office, Ministry of Magic! Just some examples to share with you in set pieces. They had special effects area where you can ride a broom and the put you through different places in the movies. That video will be up on YouTube once I get back to the states. 


Next you got to see the real Hogwarts Express! Which was actually a little smaller than I thought, but still really cool. Then they had separate rooms from the train where they took your photo and then play a video on the screen, which was the window, traveling on the train. 


The outside area has a little cafe where I got Butterbeer ice cream and they have big outside set pieces. Like in the photo above I got to see Privet Drive and other fun things like the Knight Bus. Again don't want to give too much away. 


Inside building two showed creature creating and how they designed and built sets. Which lead to walking on the original Diagon Alley set. Which is a lot smaller than the one at Universal. But still amazing to see. It just makes you think so much about the movies walking on this set. Especially the first movie when Harry first goes to Diagon Alley. 


The last room is something you must go and see on your own! It is shown in my YouTube video but I didn't want to post a photo and spoil it for anyone going to the studio. But I have photos on my Facebook page and it's in the video on YouTube. I really recommend doing this your even if you're not the biggest fan of Harry Potter. It's a really fun experience that you shouldn't miss out on. 



Remember to subscribe to my channel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Museum & Chinese Buddhist Temple // Travel

I went to Shanghai a few months ago and I wanted to create some posts about the experience. The first day we were day we had a guided tour into Shanghai. Our first spot (the photo above) was the Shanghai Museum. This was a very busy museum and inside was so beautiful and they had so many different rooms full of history. It was really amazing and our tour guide was full of lots of information. I did this tour because I really didn't know anything about Shanghai besides the new Disney Park was there. I really love learning about the difference in culture and understanding their history of their city. The next stop he took us to was a Buddhist temple. Oh my goodness it was beautiful and amazing to see all the people coming into pray to the different gods. I also think it was amazing to see different tour groups from all over the world coming into here and being peaceful and respectful of the religion. I really got a full understand of Buddhism and I have to say it is an am

Shanghai Disney

One of the really unique things they have at Shanghai Disney is the Alice in Wonderland maze. The big attraction is the big queen of hearts head in her part of the garden. It's a really simple and fun attraction to do in the park. It is located behind the castle in their Fantasy Land. Obviously, the big talk of Shanghai Disney is their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Let me tell you I could just ride it all day long. It is honestly mind blowing and I have never experienced a ride like it before. I was lucky enough to ride it twice in the same day as well as the Tron Lightcycle Coaster. However I do prefer the pirates ride over the tron. ride.  The castle is so huge and beautiful and I had to put a picture of me in front of it. Now below is the video of my day there minus the Royal Banquet Hall which I will do a separate post on. I just would like to warn some travelers about some of the things I noticed there. Shanghai Disney people do not really under stand line

GeekyCon 2016 Highlights

Meeting Maxwell Glick and Jon Cozart after the Disney sing-a-long after being on stage with them during a Tangled song and being in the front row dancing with them, two very sweet gentleman and I'm so happy I got to meet them and getting some youtube advise from Mr. Cheezypop himself! At the Charity ball I got to meet Ty Simpkins who is from Jurassic World and the Insidious films. He was also very sweet and nice of him to come out of the V.I.P area to interact with his fans and take photos for free and have nice conversations with everyone. That same night after the dance was the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight release party! Potter Puppet Pals did a show, there was real life wizard chess, quid ditch matches, costume contests, being sorted by the sorting hat, and much more to do. It was so much fun and of course getting the book was icing on the cake. Then I got to meet Pemberly Digital! Frankenstein M.D., The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and my p