Skip to main content

Christmas in July movie day!


It may be Independence Day and the start of summer but I am ready for fall and winter to get here already. Now everyone has probably heard of the saying Christmas in July and here are some movies I would watch for a movie marathon in July to cool down from that summer heat.

Netflix Picks:


1. How The Grinch Stole Christmas!
It's a christmas classic (to me at least) and is always funny no matter what time of the year you watch it. This is still on Netflix at the time and this would be how I start my Christmas in July movie marathon. This is one of my favorite Christmas movies. My top movie is Elf (DUH).

2. Christmas with the Kranks
This is another funny movie to watch and it will always be funny. I would recommend starting with comedies first during the day and lead into the other options later. But this is just my opinion on how I would start the movie day.

3. White Christmas
This is the perfect transition movie in my opinion for the Netflix movie part. It is a classic, a musical, a comedy, and will give you the feels. It gives you that break between the slap stick comedy movies into the next movie which is a kind of serious comedy movie.


4. Happy Christmas
This movie stares Anna Kendrick and it does have comedy aspects in it but it is also a serious movie. It does take place in the Christmas season but it isn't a straight through Christmas themed movie. It is a really great movie if you've never seen it you should watch it.

Non Netflix Picks:

5. Die Hard
People always argue if this is a Christmas movie or not a Christmas movie. If it takes place during Christmas to me it is a Christmas movie. I really awesome action pack Christmas movie. This is sadly not on Netflix but you can always rent it or stream it somewhere.


6. Krampus
This is the Universal Studios Krampus and not the one that is on Netlfix. This is a Horror/Comedy style type of movie. I personally really liked this movie and the haunted house they did at halloween horror nights. I know some people didn't like it because it wasn't a typical Horror movie but that is the reason why I liked it. It is always a Christmas movie in my books. I love to watch Horror Movies in the summer (well all the time) So I think this is how I would end the marathon once it got dark ut and watch this movie.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shanghai Museum & Chinese Buddhist Temple // Travel

I went to Shanghai a few months ago and I wanted to create some posts about the experience. The first day we were day we had a guided tour into Shanghai. Our first spot (the photo above) was the Shanghai Museum. This was a very busy museum and inside was so beautiful and they had so many different rooms full of history. It was really amazing and our tour guide was full of lots of information. I did this tour because I really didn't know anything about Shanghai besides the new Disney Park was there. I really love learning about the difference in culture and understanding their history of their city. The next stop he took us to was a Buddhist temple. Oh my goodness it was beautiful and amazing to see all the people coming into pray to the different gods. I also think it was amazing to see different tour groups from all over the world coming into here and being peaceful and respectful of the religion. I really got a full understand of Buddhism and I have to say it is an am

Shanghai Disney

One of the really unique things they have at Shanghai Disney is the Alice in Wonderland maze. The big attraction is the big queen of hearts head in her part of the garden. It's a really simple and fun attraction to do in the park. It is located behind the castle in their Fantasy Land. Obviously, the big talk of Shanghai Disney is their Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Let me tell you I could just ride it all day long. It is honestly mind blowing and I have never experienced a ride like it before. I was lucky enough to ride it twice in the same day as well as the Tron Lightcycle Coaster. However I do prefer the pirates ride over the tron. ride.  The castle is so huge and beautiful and I had to put a picture of me in front of it. Now below is the video of my day there minus the Royal Banquet Hall which I will do a separate post on. I just would like to warn some travelers about some of the things I noticed there. Shanghai Disney people do not really under stand line

GeekyCon 2016 Highlights

Meeting Maxwell Glick and Jon Cozart after the Disney sing-a-long after being on stage with them during a Tangled song and being in the front row dancing with them, two very sweet gentleman and I'm so happy I got to meet them and getting some youtube advise from Mr. Cheezypop himself! At the Charity ball I got to meet Ty Simpkins who is from Jurassic World and the Insidious films. He was also very sweet and nice of him to come out of the V.I.P area to interact with his fans and take photos for free and have nice conversations with everyone. That same night after the dance was the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child midnight release party! Potter Puppet Pals did a show, there was real life wizard chess, quid ditch matches, costume contests, being sorted by the sorting hat, and much more to do. It was so much fun and of course getting the book was icing on the cake. Then I got to meet Pemberly Digital! Frankenstein M.D., The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, and my p